Monday, December 10, 2007

Success!

My dearest family,

I am happy to announce that my presentation was a full on success. My *sh was together and I rocked it. I was sure to arrive early and spent some time bonding with the receptionist. She was to become my allie.
"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. My name is Leonia Abbott and I am excited to show you my design for your space. Allow me to first walk you through your new space and then I tell you about the materials I chose before heading into smaller details of certain areas..."

And it just flowed like butta on a hot biscuit. I received many compliments a 2 concerns; 1 of which I already knew but wasn't going to change so I acted humble.

Now Im not the one to pat myself on the back, but damn, my *sh was correct compared to some the messy boards that I saw up there. I kept it quiet knowing I had done my best and it worked itself out.

Later as I saw myself out, I stopped by my new friends desk and humbly said, "I hope this isn't presumptuous but I'd like to leave my resume for Mr. Finegold or a hiring rep."
"Sure, I personally will make sure Nancey receives it."
"Thank you. Please let her know I addressed it to Mr. Finegold because I did not know who it should be addressed to."
"Absolutely, we'll even send a copy next door to the Lucas Design."
"Oh Thank You so much...you've been so kind. Have a great night and Merry Christmas."

Yup! That's right I dropped my resume. I didn't think I'd have the guts, but I did. I am proud even if nothing comes of it; though it will. [the secret]

IM FINISHED!!!!!

3 comments:

Orien said...

Oh wait, I forgot to mention how great I looked in my black wool, straight leg, size 8 pants.

misha: )misha said...

YOU ROCKED it baby sis!!! I could see that as I read each word. No it was not presumptuous-it's called go for what you want!!! with confidence!!!
Congrats with a pat on back. I am sooo proud of you!And the size 8 pants is a added perk; )

Evie said...

Yes, girl you rocked that mess. What the Devils (Misha, Yvette, and Leonia) wears Prada