Well, I rolled over onto Yoshi thinking I love Saturdays when my spirit said "No girl, today is Tuesday and you have a presentation your missing. FHUK!!! My phone, which died last night, was not on even though I thought I had turned it on when I plugged it in before bed!
So 10am, and Im jumping out of bed. Dominican shower, clothes from yesterday, boys to park, project, books, and out the door. The drive was pretty easy despite my lack of concentration and there was a parking spot waiting for me. Great. As Im walking down the street, swoosh went the wind and my drawing went with it. MOTHERFHUK@%^*$##%&*(&%$@##$%^&*!!
That was my breaking point. In tears, I recovered the rest, took as many deep breaths as I could given my hyperventilating, and walked quietly into class. Students were presenting and Im thinking, damn, my project is outrageous and I can't even show it. However, I am my sisters' sister, I had to make it work.
My turn had come and the teacher told me not to worry about being late because he had gotten a late start as well; yessss (internal gloating). "Thank you and I apologize for being late. I also have to apologize for this." I show the rest of the board which is neatly assembled despite the obvious missing drawing from the center. "Visualize with me as I draw for you the floor plan which has gone missing..."
I draw the plan, explan what goes where, I knew my colors, I knew my designers, I knew my fabric blends and I fhuqin rocked it okay! I had visuals and received comments from the class and excellent corrective critisms from the professor.
"Can you try to find the drawing?" he asked, so out side I went to look in the busy streets. I needn't go further than the front door. The drawing somehow, no by the grace of the universe or God; whichever your preference, made it literally to the front door of the building. Picking it up, I ran upstairs and showed him. DRAMA.
Quite the exciting day and it's only 12:50. Now, like i mentioned earlier, I have to put together the finishing touches on my 4pm geometry project.
Love yous...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sNot at all suprised. That my dear is why they call them guardian angels. Nothing happens by accident. The fact that you continued with your presentation w/out a key part of your visual is what a real presentation is. A++
My Sister dear you held your head up high and did what a true diva did rocked it. Oh how we taught you well
Thanks sisters :)
Post a Comment