Yes, it's a little strange not getting things together and making the hike up to R.I. for the tradition candied yams, broccoli casserole, and salmon topped with shrimp and scallops, which has all become a customary part of our Christmas Dinner.. ..but it is what it is! As I stated earlier, I will be staying home for the obvious reasons and chilling in front of the fireplace watching movies. I'll cook some of the above with a large side of fresh baby spinich, artichoke, parmasean cheese, and olive oil salad. My new most favorite salad!!! And just keeping it all simple. However, I can say this--over the last two-three years I (let me speak for myself and you all can holla if you feel me!) have managed to pack on some extra pounds between the endless eating on the cruises and then coming back home to cook Christmas dinners. I feel great knowing that this year is just the opposite.The cruise was traded in for the non-stop walking through-out Italy in combination with great healthy (non chemical) food which put me in the pound negative catorgory. Leonia, you wouldn't be sporting that size 8 if you were on a cruise. So now our mission is to plan for next year's festivities and still keep our figures for the 2009 new year. OMG did I say 2009!!!
In the meantime, I would like to wish you all very very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Year. Please be safe and I love you all!
Misha
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm on vacation also, I do not go back until January 2nd. Ready to leave? As for dinner I will be going over Shannon's house for appitizers and Hollee and Randy's house for dinner then back over Shannon's house for dessert and drinks. So please Misha eat enough for me.
Post a Comment